Wednesday, July 24 at 7pm
Marie Reed Recreation Center*
2200 Champlain Street, NW
*(entrance on 18th Street to the right and down the stairs from the school entrance)
Note: there are currently no agenda items for the July PZT meeting, so it will likely be cancelled.
Actions taken at the June 19 meeting:
- Voted to move the BZA appeal request by owners of 1831 Ontario Place to the July full ANC meeting without recommendation. (2-0-0)
The committee took no action on the following items, but will likely put them on the July full ANC meeting:
- Request to repaint the crosswalk at the intersection of Columbia Rd and Mount Pleasant St and install a device to assist in crossing the street.
- Proposal to swap the places of the bike lane and street parking on Harvard St., and make the bike lane protected.
- Request for a new bus shelter at bus stop #1001694 located at Columbia Rd and Connecticut Ave.
The committee also discussed the following items, but took no action:
- LINE hotel tax abatement.
- Residential Parking Permit (RPP) fees.
- Request for DDOT to change laws regarding truck size.
Matters addressed at the May 22 PZT meeting:
The Committee voted to recommend that the full ANC support:
- A resolution opposing WMATA's Late Night Plan to supplement its transit service by subsidizing for-hire ride services (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
- A resolution in favor of Circulator Extension (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
- A resolution in favor of new Bikeshare stations. (2-0-0)
- A resolution in favor of Connected Dupont Bike Lanes (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
- Sending a letter to DDOT in favor of adding a High-Intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) signal to the intersection of 16th and Kalorama Rd (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
The Committee voted to send the following item to the full ANC without recommendation (indicating they would like more information):
-A request to make minor changes to a public space permit for 1630 Columbia Road. (2-0-0)
Please note: Consideration of the BZA appeal requested by owners of 1831 Ontario Place has been pushed to the June PZT meeting.