Wednesday, June 19 at 7pm
Marie Reed Recreation Center*
2200 Champlain Street, NW
*(entrance on 18th Street to the right and down the stairs from the school entrance)
Agenda for June 19 meeting:
- Consideration of a BZA appeal requested by owners of 1831 Ontario Place.
- Consideration of a request for a new bus shelter at bus stop #1001694 located at Columbia Road and Connecticut Ave.
- Discuss LINE hotel tax abatement.
- Discuss Residential Parking Permit (RPP) fees.
- Request for DDOT to change laws regarding truck size.
- Consider repainting the crosswalk at the intersection of Columbia Rd and Mt Pleasant St as well as installing a device to assist in crossing the street.
- Consider a proposal to swap the places of the bike lane and street parking on Harvard and make the bike lane protected.
Matters addressed at the May 22 PZT meeting:
The Committee voted to recommend that the full ANC support:
- A resolution opposing WMATA's Late Night Plan to supplement its transit service by subsidizing for-hire ride services (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
- A resolution in favor of Circulator Extension (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
- A resolution in favor of new Bikeshare stations. (2-0-0)
- A resolution in favor of Connected Dupont Bike Lanes (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
- Sending a letter to DDOT in favor of adding a High-Intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) signal to the intersection of 16th and Kalorama Rd (with suggested edits). (2-0-0)
The Committee voted to send the following item to the full ANC without recommendation (indicating they would like more information):
-A request to make minor changes to a public space permit for 1630 Columbia Road. (2-0-0)
Please note: Consideration of the BZA appeal requested by owners of 1831 Ontario Place has been pushed to the June PZT meeting.