Agenda for April 24:
- Resolution in support of the funding of public restrooms.
Matters addressed at the March 27 meeting:
- Recent updates from Washington Gas following the DC Public Service Commission’s community hearing in February. The committee heard from Apera Nwora, Community District Manager for PROJECTpipes and Washington Gas’ Public Affairs Officer, and Marie Johns, a Senior Consultant with Washington Gas.
- A spending authorization for a new ANC website and streaming of meetings to increase community engagement. The committee is gauging interest from the community and is collecting information and advice from other ANCs.
- Grant application from AMYLA, requesting $1,000 from the ANC to provide financial education books for children between the ages of 5 and 18. The committee has decided to table this request for the moment and seek more information from the Office of ANCs and from the applicant.
- Marie Reed Tea Party. Ms. Essie Bowman shared her plans to hold the Marie Reed Tea Party, an event for girls and their parents, at Marie Reed Rec Center Gym on April 20 at 11:00 am-2:00 pm. Ms. Bowman is seeking financial and/or in-kind donations from the community to make the event happen. To donate or find out more about the event, fill out this form and return it in person to Ms. Bowman at Marie Reed, or contact her at (202) 550-9060 or email@example.com.